Please read the entire ad before applying as there are application instructions contained within the advertisement.
Hire Intelligence is the market leader in the short-term technology rental market in Australia. They commenced in 1992, and with a focus on the latest brands, the most competitive prices and a sales and service team that is second-to-none, Hire Intelligence has quickly expanded to not only being located around Australia, but also Europe. Their commitment is bringing their clients the latest technology at the best prices, and service is their priority.
Why Join the Hire Intelligence Team?
Hire Intelligence are the "go to" company for technology rental solutions and services in Australia with rewarding relationships with corporate & government Australia across all departments and all industries; all looking to them to solve their short-term technology needs and make their work lives easier,
As an iconic and profitable Australian B2B business with strong growth, zero debt and the first ones to play and showcase new and emerging technologies - this is a Company for lovers of technology
Team members who join Hire Intelligence join a young and motivated team, that have the opportunity to:
- Travel the country and assist with high volume, high profile events,
- Collaborate with like-minded team members across Australia,
- Work hard due to after hours and weekend work, but then take time off when it suits your social or family life using time in lieu,
- Transfer to new locations and develop your career due to offices around Australia, and
- Develop their skills via 4 weeks of formal training at commencement and then via individual ongoing training and development plans.
We have an opportunity for a skilled Senior IT & AV Technician / Installer to join the Hire Intelligence team in Canberra. Reporting to the National Technical Manager in Sydney this is the right role for a candidate who is not only technically minded, but who loves to get out of the office and in the field connecting with clients.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Client Rental Order Fulfillment - Completely and effectively action client orders from equipment selection & preparation (in-house), to required deliveries, collections, installation and networking in client sites and venues across Canberra.
- Technical Support - Providing ongoing support both in person and over the phone to our clients with Maintenance / Servicing / Troubleshooting requirements.
- Warehousing & Logistics - Stock monitoring, picking and packing, recording stock movements, stock taking and stock ordering, checking and maintaining adequate consumable levels, ensuring required assets & external technical resources are available for all jobs with sufficient advance preparation.
Key Role Requirements
- Completely and effectively action client orders from rental paperwork, equipment preparation, deliveries, collections, installation and networking
- Providing ongoing support both in person and over the phone to our clients with Maintenance / Servicing / Troubleshooting requirements
- Asset management – conducting in house upgrades, repairs and preventive maintenance, plus coordinating warranty claims
- Manage equipment returns at the end of the rental period
- Conduct in-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment to AS/NZS 3760:2010
- Maintain the in-house Image Server to a high level of functionality and availability
- Monthly Operation Reports
The position will require after-hours, on-call and weekend work from time to time for which you will be rewarded.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Strong client relationship skills with the ability to provide our clients with outstanding service delivery
- Outstanding communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- The physical ability to mount panels to exhibition stand walls and on floor stands
- The ability to maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- A capability for warehousing, with strong manual handling techniques
- A Certificate III in Warehouse operations or similar would be well regarded but not essential.
Strong Technical Capabilities:
- The ability to work with diverse technologies from desktops, servers, workstations, notebooks, printers, copiers as well as monitors, projectors, video walls, to wireless mics, PA systems, smart phones and VR
- Sound technical knowledge of AV & IT hardware & Microsoft software
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills both in person and over the phone
- TCP/IP networking, wireless and other technologies
- Diagnosing/fixing Windows 7 & 10, MS Office and general Windows application support
- Wireless mic setups, video walls and other audio and visual technologies
The Ideal Person for this role would be someone who:
- Is passionate about providing high level technical support to clients
- Enjoys a diverse technical role with the opportunity to work with the latest technologies
- Is a friendly person with a strong professional presentation
- Prefers to work independently and in charge of their responsibilities.
- Has a knack for details, planning and organisation
- Is gifted in solving problems
- Excels in conveying technical issues to non-technical users both verbally or in writing,
- Enjoys going above and beyond the call of duty to exceed client expectations
- Is highly adaptable to changing work requirements
How to Apply:
If after reviewing this advertisement you find that this role is a good match for your interests and passions, please send us an application containing a cover letter and resume. The cover letter should contain information as to:
- Your latest favourite technology and,
- The last time you went above and beyond the call of duty to exceed someone's expectations.
Applications without both resume and cover letter will be automatically declined.
What Happens after I Apply?
- Those candidates who pass the application stage will be required to complete a range of pre-employment checks and testing including a short IT/AV skills test.
- Interviews will be conducted with the HR Consultant and National Technical Manager.
- A pre-employment medical and a National Police Clearance will also be required.
Please do not apply unless you are committed to the entire process. This process is essential to ensure that we get the best match for both our team and the successful individual.
*To be successful, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of claimed qualifications or experience and currently be able to work in Australia.*